Noah’s Lake duck numbers.

Stuart Holden

Stuart Holden
Total Posts:  27
Joined  24-12-2017

22 February 2018 11:15

Hi Alan

Thanks for the reply sadly i never made it up there as planned but will be popping along this coming sunday with the wife.

Thank you for the help i will take along the hide clamp it opens quiet wide so fit should be no problem .

kindest regards

Stuart

Alan Ashman

Alan Ashman
Total Posts:  387
Joined  01-12-2015

21 February 2018 16:29

Hi Stuart Sorry I couldn’t reply earlier my landline has been faulty so no internet but has now been fixed. No need to take a full tripod, there is a shelf that will take a hide clamp but its quite thick! it’s about 45mm thick at a guess so your clamp need to open up to accommodate it.
Of course you will know now if you went this morning.
Alan.

Stuart Holden

Stuart Holden
Total Posts:  27
Joined  24-12-2017

20 February 2018 20:04

Hi Alan

Just a quick question about noahs hide will I need to take my full tripod for my spotting scope or is there somewhere to use my hide clamp ie a shelf etc?.

I may well take a run out there tomorrow morning.

Kindest regards
Stuart

Alan Ashman

Alan Ashman
Joined  01-12-2015

20 February 2018 16:38

There were three female Goldeneye swimming and feeding very much together among the 2,500 duck on Noah’s today !

Alan Ashman

Alan Ashman
Joined  01-12-2015

25 January 2018 18:56

Three Whooper Swans still present on Noah’s Lake today plus one Goldeneye (adult female)  Swans were keeping to the N.W. corner as usual and the Goldeneye was very mobile! Duck numbers remain at the 5000+ mark I checked all the Tufties I could see over 3 hrs but couldn’t find a Ring Neck! 3 Marsh Harriers including one persistent youngster that spent half an hour trying hard to catch/drown a Coot.

Martin Sage

Martin Sage
Total Posts:  454
Joined  07-12-2015

12 January 2018 16:25

Numbers have been exceptionally high on Noah’s since New Year. I am looking forward with some trepidation to the WeBS count on Monday 22. Any photographers who would care to join us would be welcome!

Alan Ashman

Alan Ashman
Joined  01-12-2015

11 January 2018 18:46

I counted 320 Pintail on Noah’s today and I suspect that I overlooked a significant number, far and away the most of this species I’ve seen together on the local reserves. total numbers of duck here are probably nearer 4000 than 3000. It will be interesting to hear what the Webs counters count is, I think they will be about in a week or so.
In passing a Ring Tailed Hen Harrier was photographed at Catcott today prior to my lunchtime arrival. Duck numbers there have doubled since Monday last!