Re-launch of The Bittern

Nick Wilcox-Brown

Nick Wilcox-Brown
Total Posts:  9
Joined  28-07-2016

11 September 2021 10:58

Andrew Pope - 01 September 2021 07:24 PM

I sent an email to that address in July. I do not know if I am registered for the email version, as I did not get any response.

You mentioned that 140 members out of 500 have submitted their address. It might help if their request was acknowledged.

A very simple thought - a very quickly created web form with Member name and Email address for subscription - with an auto reply, to acknowledge receipt, would save a huge amount of work, and provide a subs list for sending?

Rob Grimmond

Rob Grimmond
Total Posts:  253
Joined  07-09-2015

02 September 2021 16:28

I have not been involved in compiling the email lists. It can be quite time consuming to individually acknowledge every email, especially if the person doing so has other pressures on their time. I’ve passed on your comments so it can be checked whether your email was received.

Andrew Pope

Andrew Pope
Total Posts:  3
Joined  12-07-2021

01 September 2021 19:24

Rob Grimmond - 01 September 2021 04:30 PM

We are now in the final stages of producing the first edition of the re-vamped Bittern, which will be circulated soon to Members who have asked to be added to the circulation list.
So far, just 140 Members out of 500 have submitted their email address, If you wish to be added, please email sos.emails@somersetbirding.org.uk as soon as possible.

I sent an email to that address in July. I do not know if I am registered for the email version, as I did not get any response.

You mentioned that 140 members out of 500 have submitted their address. It might help if their request was acknowledged.

Rob Grimmond

Rob Grimmond
Joined  07-09-2015

01 September 2021 16:30

We are now in the final stages of producing the first edition of the re-vamped Bittern, which will be circulated soon to Members who have asked to be added to the circulation list.
So far, just 140 Members out of 500 have submitted their email address, If you wish to be added, please email sos.emails@somersetbirding.org.uk as soon as possible.

Andrew Pope

Andrew Pope
Total Posts:  3
Joined  12-07-2021

12 July 2021 16:43

Rob Grimmond - 10 July 2021 05:11 PM

We will soon be re-launching The Bittern newsletter in electronic format. Details of how to receive it can be found in our news item at https://somersetbirding.org.uk/news/the-bittern-is-about-to-be-re-launched

So far only 60 out of some 500 Members have provided their email address. If you wish to receive your copy of The Bittern, please send an email as directed in the news item.

Done. Thanks.

Rob Grimmond

Rob Grimmond
Joined  07-09-2015

10 July 2021 17:11

We will soon be re-launching The Bittern newsletter in electronic format. Details of how to receive it can be found in our news item at https://somersetbirding.org.uk/news/the-bittern-is-about-to-be-re-launched

So far only 60 out of some 500 Members have provided their email address. If you wish to receive your copy of The Bittern, please send an email as directed in the news item.