SOS virtual talks 2022

Rob Grimmond

Rob Grimmond
Total Posts:  253
Joined  07-09-2015

22 January 2022 16:37

As Dan has already posted we have two mouth-watering Zoom talks lined up for February and March. Details are as follows:

10th February   - “Colourful warblers to vibrant tanager - finding landbird migrants across Eastern North America”

James Packer, photographer and Somerset birder, will give a talk on spring migration in North America. Many of you will have seen James’s superb photographs so this should be a feast for the eyes!

3rd March - “Mr Shelley, I presume? A fortunate encounter with an ornithological enigma while birding in Ghana”

Rob Williams, who has given some excellent talks to us in recent years, will give a talk on on his recent trip to Ghana, including the exclusive story of the rediscovery of Shelley’s Eagle Owl. This is not to be missed!

For those unfamiliar with Zoom, it is a simple matter to download the software, free of charge.

Society Members have been sent details on how to register for this talk. If you are a Member and have not received such an email, then please send an email to sos.talks@somersetbirding.org.uk.

Daniel Watson

Daniel Watson
Total Posts:  131
Joined  18-02-2018

20 January 2022 20:12

Good evening all,

I hope everyone has enjoyed the festive period and managed to stay safe over the last year.

Just a quick message to inform members that the popular SOS virtual talks will be resuming in February, starting with what promises to be a vibrant and gripping lecture by James Packer.
I am delighted to reveal “Colourful warblers to vibrant tanagers - finding landbird migrants across Eastern North America” will be our first online event of the year on the 10th February.

A second talk has been lined up for March which will be something of a world exclusive - I’m not sure we’ve been able to say that before at the SOS!

Further details will be posted by Rob Grimmond shortly.