indoor meetings

Rob Grimmond

Rob Grimmond
Total Posts:  253
Joined  07-09-2015

20 December 2021 12:21

Last year the Society’s General Committee set out various proposals for change. One of them was that indoor meetings at the village hall in Ruishton were formally ended and replaced with two members’ days, in Spring and Autumn, at Cheddon Fitzpaine and Ruishton, combining local and external guest speakers, and suitable catering. The Committee believed they offered better value and would offer more benefit to Members.

While the loss of regular indoor meetings will disappoint some people, we believe that field meetings, reinforced by two member’s days, still give the opportunity for Members to meet up. Unfortunately COVID-19 still presents difficulties for indoor meetings so we can’t say at the moment when we will be able to hold the members’s days.

Kate, you say that you don’t do Zoom but our virtual meetings have gone down very well and have been very informative. So, please don’t rule them out!

kate allison

kate allison
Total Posts:  27
Joined  02-03-2019

19 December 2021 12:04

Firstly HAPPY CHRISTMAS,
      I am wondering whether it is possible to have indoor meetings again.I know we will be possibly going into the dreaded lockdown again soon.
      It would be really nice to get back to see you all again in person.
      Even though i have a laptop i really do not do zoom or virtual, would like to here from you about this.
      ONCE AGAIN HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A HAPPY BIRDING 2022.