Nest Recording

Denise Wawman

Denise Wawman
Total Posts:  12
Joined  01-12-2015

08 June 2019 07:19

I’m not aware of anyone ringing birds at Longrun Meadows but it might be worth contacting the Friends of Longrun Meadow Group to see if they know of anyone monitoring nests. Their website is http://www.longrunmeadow.co.uk/friends/

Jamie Allen

Jamie Allen
Total Posts:  10
Joined  01-12-2015

29 March 2019 14:16

Hi all

Not sure if this post should live here or the bird ringing forum, so went for this one.

This year, I have added Longrun Meadow in Taunton to my list of places to cover for the BTO Nest Recording Scheme.

Today, I spent my lunch hour quickly searching the hedgerows and discovered a number of nests (Blackbird, Great Tit, Greenfinch, LTT etc).

Can I ask, does anyone know of anyone who is already recording nests/ringing in this area? If so, I don’t want to double the intrusion on the nests if they are already being monitored.
The reason I ask is that there appeared to be “some evidence” that a couple of the nest sites I found could already be being monitored. This evidence could be completely coincidental and only appeared at a couple of the sites, but, you never know.

Thanks in advance

Jamie