RSPB Greylake - Strange Incident

Rob Grimmond

Rob Grimmond
Total Posts:  87
Joined  07-09-2015

08 May 2017 16:59

Interestingly we’ve received an email from a vising Devon border who said:

“I have returned from a weekend in Somerset and whilst at Greylake I witnessed a car break-in. It was on 30th April 2017 approximately 09:30. There were only 3 people at the reserve at the time so I returned to the reserve and contacted the car owner. I asked her to report the theft to the police but not sure if she felt happy about it! Later that day I visited Burnham-on-sea police station and was lucky to catch a policeman as it was shut! I have handed in the information as I had chance to photograph the car Reg: as it sped out of the car park. I hope the victim does report the crime as the police said the could only act if the person themselves reported it. Please warn people again of the dangers of parking in these areas. Thank you.”

Please be vigilant at all sites and report all incidents to the Police.

Robin Morrison

Robin Morrison
Total Posts:  82
Joined  30-11-2015

02 May 2017 21:30

Rather odd incident at Greylake on 2nd May about 6pm. A couple who were just driving off, said they had seen 2 men removing the sign about “not leaving valuables….” and throwing it into the undergrowth. They then drove off quickly when they saw the couple. The 2 men were in a silver car.